Identifying Defense Mechanisms
Where do you feel stuck, frustrated, and want to change? The following is a brief list of some of the areas that may need help.
- Weight and food management.
- Stopping smoking .
- Relief from stress, tension, nightmares and exam anxiety .
- Elimination of insomnia and procrastination .
- To gain self confidence .
- To overcome shyness, nail biting, bed-wetting, stuttering, anger, fatigue, guilt, health problems, pain, grief, anxiety and depression, and other unwanted habits, feelings and behaviors.
- To overcome fear of: success, failure, driving, heights, crowds, flying, closed-in places, or any other phobia.
- To enhance talent and creativity.
- To improve skills such as: golf, tennis, bowling, skiing, and other skills (There is a thing called “choking,” defined as tension preventing high performance).
- Motivation for: exercise, bodybuilding and good health.
- To build self-esteem and assertiveness.
- To develop enthusiasm and salesmanship .
- Improvement of: study habits, focus and concentration, relationships, discipline, time management and financial success,To name but a few topics.
The above list goes on practically ad infinitum. Wherever and whenever there is resistance to getting what you want, you are storing outdated information in your memory that is holding you back. This is really a defense mechanism that is no longer needed or useful and really causes the above problems and many more. Feelings drive your behaviors, not the other way around. Feelings are stronger than thoughts. Have you ever noticed that you can know what you want, you can know what to do, you can know how to do it, but if you don’t feel it, it won’t get done? Feelings will always win over thoughts. Resistance keeps you in a repetitive pattern that causes your life to seem dull, lifeless, boring and rigid. It wears you out as you try to overcome that which is literally blocking your happiness.
The Sidman Solution® finds the original feelings that are the root cause of the problems, removes these unwanted defense mechanisms, helps you to let them go forever and gives you the opportunity to really set yourself free to be all you wish to be. This system is designed for those who are struggling to overcome discomfort and are fighting with themselves to gain control over frustrating issues. It is not for those who have been clinically diagnosed with a mental illness. Those individuals should seek help with their licensed psychologist, psychiatrist or physician.